Friday, June 17, 2011

One of my 'side-lines' is creating knitted charity blankets from wools donated by those wishing to deplete their stashes. This is a win, win, win situation. Firstly I am using the wool; secondly, I enjoy the knitting in quiet moments; and thirdly, someone benefits from the comfort offered by the end product.

This week I completed another blanket; a baby's blanket using some of the softer colours. Marge had included some crochet rosettes in her bag of wools and I have attached them on to this blanket.

During the next week I shall deliver this baby blanket to the local Women's Refuge. It is winter here in New Zealand and hopefully it will help to warm some child, somewhere.

My next adult size blanket is already on the way....

1 comment:

  1. Knitting is such a huge part of my 'idle hands' time...evenings and car trips mainly. I love this little child's blanket and know that it will give comfort and warmth to a young person in need. What a great gift to others.

    xo

    ReplyDelete