Thursday, February 25, 2010

New Piece

Recently I made a start on a new piece. I want my next major works to be more edgy so content is paramount. I also want them to be LARGE. My silk/linen mix fabric is 115cm/45" wide and I plan to use this full measurement, either horizontially or vertically - no test swatches allowed in the side margins!

I started with dye painting some units on to my large screen. Their positioning has no relationship to each other.

Not a very good photo as cloth is still on my printing table. Units have now been screened in their intended positions. I have since added another unit, similar to that top left, to the bottom right corner.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Saturday's workshop

Yesterday's workshop went very well and they were an enthusiastic, experienced bunch. Great results for the brief time available.

Here is my example screened on to calico (muslin)....

Lots of concentration here!

Busy, busy....

A small selection of pieces achieved.....