Thursday, April 1, 2010

Tis done....

The very last element to add to this piece was the red lines accompanying the escaping bird in flight. To determine where to place these I first printed out a postcard size image of the whole piece. Then placed tracing paper over this and started to sketch in some lines.

In the end I decided on just the two lines.

Well, I think it is now done. I shall leave it to 'rest' for awhile, then complete the edges/finishing. I am not yet quite sure how I will go about this. Overall size 145cm/57" x 115cm/45".

It does seem ages ago since I put up the first progress image of this piece. I have never done this so openly before, preferring just to show segments of a piece in progress. I think I have been very brave and there were certainly a few moments when I thought I must be daft! It certainly kept me focused.

I went to an artists' talk a few weeks back and the artist said she never knew what she was doing, and hoped that it would stay that way. I recognise this sentiment entirely as it reflects the way I work too. Long may it continue!

Monday, March 29, 2010

Almost there...

I am just about there! Some more building up on this piece since my last blog, and possibly just one more thing to do.

I have added some lime green to both the top left and bottom right corners. This colour may seem quite an odd choice but I often find that such a addition proves its worth.

I have also screened some more red grid patterns on the right side and this seems to work well, balancing the red grids on the left side.

I am not out of the woods yet, and the final application will be very nerve wracking!
I will need to prepare myself carefully beforehand....