Monday, February 8, 2010

text prints

Not much hands-on stuff this week but plenty of thinking. I decided to add some blocks of text to my two long strips. It took time to compose the five blocks of text but I finally came up with the words to convey my idea for this diptych. I then had to make a photo-sensitive screen to get the text on to the fabric and of course this takes time too.

Detail only. Still contemplating next stage before finishing off edges etc.

Nothing to do with the above but I have a new bumper sticker on my car. Along with the number plate it sort of states where I would rather be!

UPPFAB stands for Uppity Fabrics!

4 comments:

  1. The text makes a wonderful addition to your panels. I also really like the red circles. It is going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your text worked out really well Diana. Also I love the bumper sticker. Where did you find that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. its a informative post thanks for sharing us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love how these two pieces have progressed Diana
    the red does wonders!

    xo

    ReplyDelete