Friday, October 2, 2009

Final Piece?

This week I have been continuing to work on this last piece for my exhibition. I am reasonably happy with it but can't help feeling that something else has to happen, but what I don't quite know at this point in time. I am having family staying for part of this week so this will give me space to remove myself from the piece. It will be interesting to see how I react to it afterwards. Its working title is 'Tree House' but that could change too.

Here it is, full size.

Detail of the tree house. I keep feeling it needs more definition, somehow......

This week I took one my grand-daughters (15 years) to see the film SEPTEMBER ISSUE, it being school holidays. It is a documentary-type film about the preparation for publishing the biggest Vogue issue for the year, ie the September issue (2007). Behind the scenes with the larger-than-life Editor, Directors and publishing people, as well as the models, photographers, the dramas and lots and lots of fashion! Fashion as an art form; the dramas and decisions so relevant to the whole of the art world. I loved it, grand-daughter loved it, she is into computer graphics as well as fashion.

20 dayssssss.....

2 comments:

  1. Really like your additions to this piece. Sounds like your granddaughter might have inherited some of your artistic talents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gorgeous. I love to see the transformation and the steps you have described. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete