Thursday, April 30, 2009

Last Holiday Photos

When in Syria I purchased one of those wooden printing blocks 'passed its use-by date'. I chose this one because it was simple, but it needed to be rejuvenated. Last two photos from Syria and Egypt follow.

Printing from the block as purchased, rather patchy and thin.

The printing block sitting on a piece of sandpaper securely taped to my bench before.....

....massaging it on the sandpaper. The edges are now much more defined.

Ahh.. that's better - printing after it had been sanded.

Here are the last two photos from my visit to Syria and Egypt. They are two of my favourites because they show a different aspect of these fascinating countries, along with balance and simplicity. For those who might be interested to learn more about this tour, here again are the contacts:
Jenny Bowker
Tarek Mousa


I turned my back on the pyramids in Giza, Egypt, and spotted this humble construction nestled in the sandhills. The bird on the pole obligued by staying there while I fumbled for my camera.

Socks on the washing line are just the same anywhere in the world. Except these socks were behind the Bag(h)dad 55 cafe on the journey to Palmyra, Syria.

It is amazing what a spot of rain can do! I won't ask you to guess what these are - they are of course lupin seedlings in my vege garden. They do look abit like layers of stitching though, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment