Monday, January 17, 2011

Nothing in particular

This week has been spent quietly getting back into the groove. Holidays don't last for ever and I doubt whether any of us, honestly, would like to remain in that state for too long. Routines, creativity and challenges are powerful 'drugs'. And we have a whole new year to indulge!

Early in the week I prepared four pieces of fabric approx. 20cm/8" square and just played. Nothing in particular and just adding layers of colour and patterns. It certainly helps getting into focus again, and who knows where it will lead.



In New Zealand we have just watched the final of the 2010 British Master Chef programme. My excuse for watching this programme is that it is art - think about it! One of the trio in the final stated that winning Master Chef would be the icing on the cake, but if he didn't then he still had the cake. I like this statement. In life the only thing that can be guaranteed is that things will not always turn out how we would like, and you can still be grateful and proud of what you have got or done.

2 comments:

  1. I like your 4 new pieces, the first one really speaks to me! The cooking contest shows are one of my favorites also. Cooking well is definitely an art. Have a wonderful creative week! Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you're doing here, and I'll bet you already have a plan in motion.

    ReplyDelete