While working on the main body of this piece I have been avoiding the top white area, knowing that at some point an idea would surface. This is the case this week. I masked off the edges and worked the following:
Almost finished. Three tones of blue Procion MX dye in Manutex (sodium alginate) 'spot' painted.
I returned later and added a darker blue towards the top. This gives it a better range of contrast.
Still more to do, but here it is hanging from my metal rod for photographing and further contemplation. Normally I crop the edges before publishing on the blog.
We are now into the World of Wearable Arts (WOW) season here and Wellington is buzzing with related displays and advertising. Wednesday night I went to the dress rehearsal show which is the first with an audience. The venue was packed with an enthusiastic crowd and yes, it may not have run quite as smoothly as further into the season but it was great value. Having viewed the show for at least eight years (and having an entry accepted in three of these shows) one can see developments in this event. This year I think the standard of entries has gone up a notch with some spectacular examples of creativity. The accompanying entertainment I don't think had, but it was still all pretty amazing. And no, I didn't get my entry accepted this year. It happens....!