This week I have been working on my lino print and I am very pleased with the resulting outcome. There is something therapeutic about quietly sculpting the lino and watching the design slowly reveal itself. It didn't take too long either. The next exciting thing was to do some test prints. I did several of these on paper to fine tune the results, then worked on fabric. I used black textile pigment for this printing. Printing on the fabric leaves a slightly different texture than on the paper, but I decided I liked this. Then it was the nerve wracking process of doing it on the latest piece. Whew, fortunately it worked!
I often feel I am too tight with some of my drawings and a lino print, by its very nature, seems to loosen things up a bit.
The actual lino cut on the left, and one each of the paper and fabric test pieces.
And here she is, quietly making her away across my new piece!
By now you should have gathered that this piece features Peru.....