Friday, May 7, 2010

Experiment and Oddities

When walking down a dusty lane in Peru, I stepped over a squashed re-cycled egg tray, one that accommodates 36 eggs. I don't know whether I am hot wired to interpret things but remember thinking that would make a great print. The other day I placed a 12 egg carton (empty!) behind a wheel of my car and then drove over it. It was well squashed. Herewith the results:

The squashed egg carton.

Textile pigment painted on to the surface.....

... repeat prints on to cloth. Not sure whether I am going to do any more but could have possibilities, in the right situation.

I came across this individual in a garden. Someone with imagination has turned a tree trunk and limbs upside down and carved a face in the trunk! I like it.

In a hotel lobby I came across this old leather suitcase. I presume it is pig hide as the diamond grid overlay still retained the hair of the animal. Perhaps not a designer accessory.

4 comments:

  1. You and Rayna Gilman are wired for this. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your egg carton experiment, and seeing your trip to Peru!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your egg carton idea. I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just imagine the prints you could get off that old suitcase!!....

    Love the egg carton idea...great print.

    ReplyDelete