Friday, September 4, 2009

Craft and Quilt Fair, Hamilton

This week, September 10 - 13, is the Craft & Quilt Fair, Hamilton, New Zealand. This annual event is held at the Claudelands Events Centre. Along with all the trade stalls full of goodies there are special displays of quilts, spinning and weaving, embroidery, cake icing and ReStyle fashion. Plus there are workshops and craft circles for demonstrations and hands-on learning. Always plenty to see and do.....

I will be there with my Uppity Fabrics, Stall #A23, right next to the entrance/exit to the workshops and displays, so I can't be missed. My stall will have hand-dyed fabric lengths, garments, my Hand-dyed Hues range of variegated embroidery threads, hand-dyed cotton fat quarters, plus scrap bags ideal for doll-makers. Come for a browse and a chat, I look forward to seeing many friends and associates again.

In fact, I sometimes wonder whether this is the secret of these events. There is always such a buzz with people meeting and sharing their love of handcrafts. I know some people make this an annual pilgrimage. This of course is no different from any group which bonds through a common interest, such as gardening, music, cooking etc. They are part of society's well-being and certainly need to be nurtured.

FL43 Hand-dyed silk organza, 140cm wide, 1.9 metres (55" / 74") Ideal for a duster-type jacket to be worn over a simple garment. NZ$85.

Hand-dyed silk blouse, size large, NZ$80

My range of Hand-dyed Hues variegated threads. I started these in 1996, one of the first to do so in New Zealand. These threads are now being discontinued and will be sold at a 20% discount.

Scap Bags of hand-dyed silks $10 each. Ideal for applique, piecing and doll making.

48 days to my exhibition. Being away for almost a week will have the added bonus of separation from this major commitment. Although I thrive on the focus of working towards my exhibition, every now and again there needs to be a break, a change of scenery. Attending the Craft & Quilt Show is therefore good timing. I hope to returned re-energized and ready to complete those last two pieces for my exhibition.

My next blog will be after I return from the Craft and Quilt Fair.

Thanks for reading my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment