Saturday, August 15, 2009


For those who know me, it will come as no surprise that I can't, or won't, follow any pattern offered to make an item. Towards the end of last year I decided to start some knitting, and proceeded to find a suitable knitting pattern, and some wool. I certainly don't need another knitted garment but this was to be all about process rather than the end product.
I have now finished and yep, it looks pretty good to me. I have changed the type of wool specified, altered the original instructions, but kept to the same amount of stitches ie rows, decreasing, and general structure. Mostly it was plain sailing but I did have to do some back-tracking because of the occasional 'whoops'. I am particularly pleased with the yoke pattern which I feel I have made up but it may be a recognisable pattern in the knitting world. Now that this is finished I will have to find something else to do in the evenings, oh well.....

This is the original illustration for the garment. Ref: Cleckheaton 958

And this is my version....

The diagonal lines forming the crosses were stitched after the knitting was completed. The back yoke is the same.

And here is a detail of the ninth in my series of 12.

70 days till my exhibition

1 comment:

  1. well done...i can't make head or tail of those knitting patterns