The very last element to add to this piece was the red lines accompanying the escaping bird in flight. To determine where to place these I first printed out a postcard size image of the whole piece. Then placed tracing paper over this and started to sketch in some lines.
In the end I decided on just the two lines.
Well, I think it is now done. I shall leave it to 'rest' for awhile, then complete the edges/finishing. I am not yet quite sure how I will go about this. Overall size 145cm/57" x 115cm/45".
It does seem ages ago since I put up the first progress image of this piece. I have never done this so openly before, preferring just to show segments of a piece in progress. I think I have been very brave and there were certainly a few moments when I thought I must be daft! It certainly kept me focused.
I went to an artists' talk a few weeks back and the artist said she never knew what she was doing, and hoped that it would stay that way. I recognise this sentiment entirely as it reflects the way I work too. Long may it continue!