Thursday, February 25, 2010

New Piece

Recently I made a start on a new piece. I want my next major works to be more edgy so content is paramount. I also want them to be LARGE. My silk/linen mix fabric is 115cm/45" wide and I plan to use this full measurement, either horizontially or vertically - no test swatches allowed in the side margins!

I started with dye painting some units on to my large screen. Their positioning has no relationship to each other.

Not a very good photo as cloth is still on my printing table. Units have now been screened in their intended positions. I have since added another unit, similar to that top left, to the bottom right corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment